Beginner course 2023/2024
- We have started on Wednesday, September 20, 2023 (first lesson)
- The course takes place every Wednesday from 19:30 to 20:45, at Škola Brejku in Dúbravka, the dance lesson has a minimum of 60 minutes of actual dancing time
- For the first and second lessons, there is an option to pay a one-time entrance fee of €7, which will be deducted from the first payment upon enrollment
- The course fee is €84 per person for 3 months
- The entire course lasts until June 2024
- You can enroll in the course in person during the first or second lesson
If you would like to be informed about our other courses, please let us know.
- Unleash the dancer within you
- We dance for joy
- Come and have fun with us
- Ballroom dances for everyone
- Train your body and mind
- Experience a friendly atmosphere
What you will learn
Round dance from scratch, starting from simpler to more complex steps. During the course, you will learn basic dance figures from rhythms such as waltz, cha-cha, and two-step, later adding rumba and jive. In addition to the steps, you will also learn the names of dance figures, acquire basic dance posture, and learn to navigate on the dance floor.
What can we offer you
The course includes a larger number of dance figures and progresses faster than in classical dance. The course is held in a friendly atmosphere, without stress or pressure. During the course, you will dance not only with other beginners but also with experienced dancers from our club. We dance for our own joy and pleasure, dance is our hobby. Our club offers a variety of dance and non-dance activities throughout the year.
For whom the course is intended
Whether you are a couple seeking a shared passion or an individual lacking physical activity and social interaction, everyone is welcome regardless of age, dancing abilities, and experience. English names of dance figures are used during the course and dancing, but knowledge of English is not required to complete the course.
What to wear
You can wear any comfortable clothing. Clean indoor shoes with a slightly slippery soft sole that does not leave marks on the dance floor are required. The best choice is dance shoes with a leather sole ("latinas", practice shoes, sneakers...).
Using What You Learn with Us
You can use the dance combinations from social dances at any dance event. After completing the entire beginners' course, we are happy to welcome you as a member of our club. You can then advance to other dance levels according to your preferences. You can also dance excellently at weekend dance events organized by clubs with similar focus in Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, and other countries, thanks to your knowledge of dance figures in the English language.